Venari Finance is delighted to be working with our key client again in Glasgow to recruit their new Financial Accountant.
The role has come around due to internal promotion. Our client has a strong track record of promoting from within and this would be a great opportunity for a newly qualified individual making their first move into industry. Our client adopts a flexible working pattern with free onsite parking.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the review of all the accounting and financial reporting deliverables of the wider team.
- Management and supporting development of direct reports.
- Review of key Finance reports (P&L /Balance Sheet) including the provision of supporting variance analysis to ensure monthly submission deadlines are met.
- Oversee and control the treasury function.
- Responsible for Full Balance Sheet Management, including substantiation of all reconciliation work carried out by the team.
- Submission of quarterly VAT, P11d, PSA and PPPR to HMRC.
- Lead the Statutory accounts process and liaise with the Auditors during the external audit process.
- Ensure all Group requests are addressed timely and accurately.
- Maintaining intercompany reconciliations and strong relations with intra-group colleagues.
- Work with key business managers, providing quality financial information to assist with operational decision making.
- Process improvement of internal policies and promotion of best practice.
- Maintaining finance processes and ensuring that all processes comply with Internal & External Audit recommendations and guidelines.
- Participation in ad-hoc projects.
- Ideally a Newly Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ICAS)
- Experience in managing a team.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter and driven to succeed.
- Strong interpersonal and influential skills.
- Effective communicator at all levels.