Venari Finance is delighted to be working in partnership with Corum Property in Glasgow to recruit their new Financial Controller.
Initially established in 2003, Corum is perhaps best known for being the leading estate agent for mid-top end property sales across Greater Glasgow, the Central Belt and the West Coast with a stable of 9 highly successul branches, a prominent new homes division and a dedicated in-house marketing agency, making it the most hollistic agency currently operating in Scotland.
The success of the business has been built on foundations of trust , honesty and integrity, by truly putting the customer first and ensuring a first-class service is standard practice across the board.
With the expectation that a transition into a Finance Director role could be relatively quick , it is key that the successful candidate can demonstrate the following:
- Organise and manage all aspects of the Company's financial activities in the most effective manner in line with the needs of the business and reporting deadlines etc. and share in the General Management collective responsibility to achieve or exceed budgeted performance. This includes, Sales, Margins, Overheads, Operating Profit, Cash Flow
- Maintain the business "books of account" and ensure at all times these comply with statutory requirements
- Produce annual P&L statements for individual business branches and produce rolling calculations of capital accounts in keeping with Partnership agreements
- Specifically, prepare monthly management accounts and other management information required to manage the business in a timely manner and liaise with other departments and staff to achieve this, including financial forecast and projections, cash flow projections, etc.
- Ensure VAT and payroll tax returns are submitted timeously and accurately
- Monitor and control any exposure to financial risk in the business and bring this to the attention of the management team as appropriate.
- Manage the Credit Control function
- Work with the Managing Partner to assist in preparation of annual operating plans and budgets for the business and contribute to the achievement of these
- Work with external auditors to manage the audit process and the preparation of statutory reports and accounts in line with regulatory requirements
- Perform the required duties to ensure that the filings at Companies House are up to date
- Be the main contact for professional services such as legal, audit, insurance, etc. and manage the relationships with these
- Encourage consistent cooperative working between the finance function and all areas of the business, such that a smooth and effective working relationship is maintained
- Be open to and in some cases be a "driver" of change, specifically proposing and making agreed changes in the finance systems to achieve streamlined and more efficient processes while maintaining the necessary level of controls
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
• Qualified accountant CA/ACCA/CIMA with commercial awareness and business acumen
• Strong technical accounting skills with great attention to detail
• Demonstrable ability to maintain robust financial control environment and drive process improvement/efficiency
• An approachable manner, working as part of a team to achieve company-wide objectives
• Advanced Excel skills
• Effective interpersonal skills, managing communications within the finance team and across all departments in the business
• Comfortable working to tight deadlines
• Strong analytical skills to support business decision making processes
• Inquisitive & with the ability to learn quickly
On offer will be a competitive package depending on the level of experience.