Corporate Commercial lawyer (1+ years' PQE) - with a competitive salary, a great work-life balance and excellent benefits, you'll be based at their fantastic offices in the Edinburgh or Glasgow.
This is the chance to join one of the largest legal practices in the country. They are an award-winning law firm that boast the very best expert lawyers within the industry. Working with a variety of clients across a range of services and sectors within the UK and internationally.
Typical matters include
- mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- due diligence and disclosure
- investment agreements
- shareholder agreements (and bespoke articles of association)
- share restructuring/group re-organisation
- share options (including EMIs)
- company formation and administration
- non-contentious insolvency work
- banking (loans, security and deeds of priority)
- IT and E-Commerce
- software development, licensing and hosting agreements
- web-development agreements
- data protection
- advice on IPRs
- assignment and licensing of intellectual property rights
- franchising agreements
- outsource and procurement agreements
- joint venture and collaboration agreements
- commercial contracts and trading agreements
- standard terms of business and supply, agency, consultancy and distribution agreements
- advice on competition law
The role would suit those with a good academic background and training who are looking to further develop their career. Candidates are required to have exceptional knowledge of corporate law and must also have some experience in, or a willingness to undertake, commercial work.
Candidates must have a pragmatic and solution focused approach to their work and excellent client management and matter management skills. The ability to work well with experienced professionals, within a team orientated environment is essential.
The successful candidate will conduct their own work as a lead fee earner, predominantly working on a wide range of corporate matters but may also be involved in some commercial matters, providing high quality advice representing a leading law firm.
If this sounds like a role for you then please apply today.