We are delighted to be working exclusively with BIG Partnership to recruit their new Commercial Finance Manager role.
BIG Partnership is one of the UK's largest and most successful marketing agencies. Headquartered in Glasgow with offices in Edinburgh, Manchester and Aberdeen, its 100 staff deliver award-winning work for over 350 clients across the UK. Founded 20 years ago, the agency has a proven track record of delivering impressive results for businesses ranging from start-ups to some of the world's biggest brands. Originally starting out as a PR agency, BIG has evolved over the years to become a large integrated agency offering a full range of services, including social media, design, marketing, public affairs, digital advertising, video, branding and events. With a full complement of marketing services, BIG increasingly acts as a one-stop-shop, supporting clients across every sector as they look to meet their own commercial and brand objectives.
Culturally, BIG Partnership is a vibrant and creative business. It has been described as entrepreneurial, dynamic and having a start-up mentality , with a good team working environment full of bright, committed and hard-working people. It is a workplace free from politics where trust, integrity and rapport are paramount.
This represents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious finance professional to join an already successful business that is on a sharp growth trajectory and has exciting plans for the future.
You will be a pivotal member of the finance team, reporting to the newly appointed Finance Director, taking a prominent role in helping to shape the reporting, systems and processes whilst managing and motivating a team of 3 capable and positive people.
The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of working alongside non finance talented team leaders across the business who need financial input and support to create and control budgets and drive their KPIs to grow client revenue, gross margin and team performance. You will be proactive in problem solving and relish the opportunity to play an important part in contributing to BIG's continued growth and profitability. You should have previous experience of either working within a small to medium sized company or having audited similar sized companies.
BIG are looking for a qualified Accountant who is comfortable in positively challenging and collaborating with colleagues, as well as, coming up with innovative solutions to improve, streamline and automate the accounting processes and reporting. Systems expertise is essential as well as having advanced excel skills.
At BIG, they know that people are their most important asset. As such they offer a range of perks and benefits, including:
- Flexible working and work from home options
- A generous holiday entitlement including a day off for your birthday, a day off for charity work of your choice and a half-day for Christmas shopping
- Funding support for professional memberships and qualifications
- Mentorship Programme to support your career goals
- Wellbeing Programme to support your physical, mental, financial and social health
- Employee Assistance Programme giving access to professional counselling, healthcare and life management advice
- Regular internal and external training opportunities
- Company pension scheme, Life Assurance and Private Medical Cover
- Cycle to work scheme or season ticket/parking permit loan
- An open, dynamic and collaborative working environment
- Various social events throughout the year
Their Glasgow office is based at the edge of the City Centre, across from Charing Cross station or a 20-minute walk from Glasgow Central or Queen Street train stations. They also offer on street parking permit loans.